What does Accreditation mean?
KISC is an Accredited School
Accreditation encourages and facilitates school improvement because it...
- Requires KISC to establish and implement a yearly improvement plan based on its vision mission and value statements.
- Regularly conducts an examination of the entire school – its community, its philosophy and goals, its programs and services, its facilities, and its financial stability.
- Helps KISC to set priorities for improvement.
- Offers a mechanism for all stakeholders to play a major role in determining KISC's future, helping KISC to be the best it can be.
Accreditation provides a means for public accountability because it ...
- Assures KISC's community that the school's purposes are appropriate and are being accomplished through a viable educational program.
- Provides an objective, third party evaluation of a school's entire program, services, resources, and results based on professional standards.
- Engages KISC in a regular peer review process aimed at ensuring attention to a continuous improvement process.
- Validates for the public the integrity of KISC's program and student transcripts.
Accreditation ensures that KISC meets Middle States' internationally recognized professional standards for schools in the areas of....
- Philosophy, Mission, Beliefs, and Objectives Planning
- Learning Media Services and Technology Finances
- Governance and Leadership and Oraganisational Design of staff
- Staff and Student Life and Services
- Educational Programs Facilities
- Health and Safety
- Assessment of Student Learning
Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association
3624 Market Place, Philadelphia, PA 19104