The Admissions Policy was designed to support KISC’s mission, vision, values and passion statement. The objective of this policy is to accomplish the following:
- To enable families to understand the criteria on which admissions are based and to feel cared for during the admissions process.
- To give the Admissions Officer the opportunity to have clear communication, while also understanding each family’s personal situation, needs or concerns.
- To help build a foundational relationship between KISC and new families.
- To help KISC admit students and new families who are likely to impact our Christian school and be able to respond positively to the educational opportunities that we offer.
Please use these helpful links to continue the admission process with KISC:
Our admission criteria is based upon the following:
- The availability of a place in the class and staffing for that class: primary is capped at 12-22 students per class and secondary capped at 20.
- The school report from the previous school suggests that the child is suitable in terms of their academics, behavior, and attendance records.
- The admissions test results of the child being assessed at KISC for sufficient proficiency in English and Mathematics for their age.
- The parents should be willing for their child to fully participate in all of KISC's educational programs. The parents need to attend relevant meetings and parents and children should be comfortable in the general KISC environment and culture.
- Parents whose mother tongue is not English are required to participate in the academic language learning of their child in their mother tongue, according to the KISC Academic Enhancement Policy.
Further criteria is based upon the following:
- Students who have not been educated in an education system similar to KISC normally may not apply for Year 10 onwards, due to the difference in curriculum and style of learning.
- We try to maintain the international nature of KISC and the balance of nationalities in the school, therefore numbers of nationalities will be monitored.
- KISC has appropriate age restrictions for each class, please view the link for details about KISC’s Placement System.
- The KISC academic year runs from August to June each year. KISC admits students:
- Term 1 (August): Applications due by the end of June
- Term 3 (January): Applications due by the end of Term 2 in mid-December
- In exceptional circumstances secondary students (Years 7-9) may be considered for admission at the beginning of Term 4 (April): Applications due by 1 March
5. We do not have a range of facilities for children with special education needs.
Tuition and Fees
In order to help with the capital development of KISC, all families pay a Capital Development Levy Fee upon admission.
- To hold enrollment, a Refundable Deposit of 25,000Rs is payable and the Capital Levy Fee is required.
- KISC offers 10% off tuition for the first Sibling Discount and 15% off for the third and fourth child.
- Mission Discounts are given if the family is supported by a recognized mission org (written proof submitted upon enrollment) or if a parent works for KISC, HDCS, UMN or INF.
- Further criteria for payments of Tuition Term Fees are found on the full fee chart on our website.