KISC has achieved Middle States Association: Commission on Elementary and Secondary Schools (MSA, USA) accreditation and is a Cambridge International Examinations (UK) centre.
ACCREDITATION ENCOURAGES AND FACILITATES SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT BECAUSE IT:
- Requires KISC to establish and implement a yearly improvement plan based on its vision mission and value statements.
- Regularly conducts an examination of the entire school – its community, its philosophy and goals, its programs and services, its facilities, and its financial stability.
- Helps KISC to set priorities for improvement.
- Offers a mechanism for all stakeholders to play a major role in determining KISC's future, helping KISC to be the best it can be.
ACCREDITATION PROVIDES A MEANS FOR PUBLIC ACCOUNTABILITY BECAUSE IT:
- Assures KISC's community that the school's purposes are appropriate and are being accomplished through a viable educational program.
- Provides an objective, third party evaluation of a school's entire program, services, resources, and results based on professional standards.
- Engages KISC in a regular peer review process aimed at ensuring attention to a continuous improvement process.
- Validates for the public the integrity of KISC's program and student transcripts.
ACCREDITATION ENSURES THAT KISC MEETS MSA'S INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS FOR SCHOOLS IN THE AREAS OF:
- Philosophy, Mission, Beliefs, and Objectives Planning
- Learning Media Services and Technology Finances
- Governance and Leadership and Organisational Design of staff
- Staff and Student Life and Services
- Educational Programs Facilities
- Health and Safety
- Assessment of Student Learning